Saturday, February 2, 2013

Veneto's Cakes and Pastries

So I've been hearing about Veneto's for quite a while now so I decided to go there. Sashimi and I decided to drop by to pick up a cake (we are both a bit crazy about cake). We deliberated and finally settled on the Black Forest Cake.

Since they were about to close, we brought the cake back. 
Le Gateu Foret Noire (ignore the things in the background)


As you can see, there aren't that many cherries in the cake. I don't know about you, but i prefer more cherries in my Black Forest Cake. Although the chocolate cake itself was a bit 'rough' (if you catch my drift), the cream was airy. It tasted fresh, unlike some cakes, which has a 'not-so-fresh' taste to the cream. The sweetness level of the cake was just right, not cloyingly sweet like my 5th birthday cake which was in the shape of Pikachu. The cake was made by my dad's baker friend who got up at 5am to make it but wasn't quite awake yet, it appeared, as he added sugar twice because he forgot. I digress, the price of the cake itself was reasonable. I have yet to try their famed paninis (is that how you spell the plural of panini?) The staff were very friendly and helpful. 


They have quite a wide array of desserts: Red Velvet cupcakes, Ginger and Molasses cookies, Sugar cookies and so on. Lunch is also offered, though they stop serving it at 4pm.

Veneto's is worth a try if you're looking for a good but cheap place to score some dessert.

Veneto's Cakes and Pastries
7380 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5A5
Monday - Friday 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Closed on Sunday's and Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment